- Described by Vredenburg, 1928 as Rostellaria protofusus.
- Recombined as Tibia protofusus by Mukerjee, 1939.
Stratum typicum: early Miocene
History and Synonymy
Kulkarni et al., 2010, p. 338:
- "26. Tibia protofusus (Vredenburg) comb. nov. [=Rostellaria protofusus (Vredenburg)]. So far reported only from the Miocene of Kachchh."
- Kantimati G. Kulkarni, Satarupa Bhattacharjee Kapoor & Vidyadhar D. Borkar, 2010. Molluscan fauna from the Miocene sediments of Kachchh, Gujarat, India – Part 3. Gastropods; J. Earth Syst. Sci. 119, No. 3(2010), pp. 307–341, Fulltext
- P. N. Mukerjee. 1939. Fossil fauna from the Tertiary of Garo Hills, Assam. Palaeontologia Indica 28(1):1-101
- E. Vredenburg. 1928. Description of Mollusca from the post-Eocene Tertiary formation of north-western India: Gastropoda (in part) and Lamellibranchiata. Memoirs of the Geological Survey of India 50(2):351-506